The Alliance has a broad agenda of activities in the coming months in order to achieve our goals, which include:
- Increasing the number of energy efficient homes built in the state.
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of energy efficiency amongst consumers and homebuyers.
- Educating appraisers, realtors, and lenders to recognize the value of energy efficient features.
- Strengthening the Home Energy Rater network.
- Educating builders on the importance of building for efficiency.
- Building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the home industry, including electric and gas utilities.
- Developing policy recommendations to improve the future of energy efficient homes.
- Affordable homes that are currently not participating in the Systems Vision program (by Advanced Energy).
- High efficiency homes constructed by builders who are not participating in any high efficiency program (such as ENERGY STAR).
- High efficiency homes in non-ENERGY STAR developments by builders who are not participating 100% in ENERGY STAR and agree to go to 100% ENERGY STAR.
- High efficiency homes that meet a higher standard.
- Builders of homes that qualify for green or sustainable home construction programs (such as Healthy-Built Homes, LEED for Homes, NAHBGreen, or Earthcraft homes).
Contact Information for the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance: